In the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), children are encouraged to learn through a curriculum based on active play and exploration. Our qualified staff provide opportunities around the four principles of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
• Every child is a unique child
• Children learn to be strong through positive relationships
• Children learn and develop in enabling environments and
• Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates
There are seven areas of learning and development and three are essential for supporting children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning. These three prime areas are:
• Communication and language
• Physical development
• Personal, social and emotional development
Children are also supported in four specific areas:
• Understanding the world; and
• Expressive arts and design
Opportunities are provided for children to learn and develop in different ways.
These are called the ‘Characteristics of Effective Learning’. These are:
• Playing and exploring – children investigate and experience things, and ‘have a go’.
• Active learning – children concentrate and keep on trying if they encounter difficulties, and enjoy achievements; and
• Creating and thinking critically – children have and develop their own ideas, make links between ideas, and develop strategies for doing things.
The environment we provide offers a range of first-hand experiences. Your child will always be given the very best care, utmost respect and total commitment from our well qualified staff so they can learn and develop at their own pace.
At Sunshine Nursery, we embrace a learning environment which enables your child to play and explore in a safe and secure environment.
Our rooms have been carefully planned to allow a free flow of non-interrupted play and include cosy, calm and inviting corners to promote children’s language skills.
In addition we hold events throughout the year which involve, dressing up, fund raising and themed food to give children, parents and staff the chance to have fun, get involved and spend time together.